Thursday, August 6, 2009

Jessica Hardy is Back!

After being banned from competition for failing a drug test at the 2008 Olympic trials, Jessica Hardy is back in the water and ready to compete. Hardy's one-year ban ended July 29th, just in time for her to be eligible to race in the U.S. Open.

All eyes were on Hardy as she competed in Wednesday's 100m freestyle. Hardy was nervous about the race stating "I haven't raced in a year. I feel like I don't even know what I'm doing. It's very frustrating." Despite her frustration, Hardy finished the race in 2nd place with a time of 55.07. Erika Erndl won the race in a meet-record 54.59.

"This is the first of many races to come. I made a lot of mistakes," she said. "I have a lot of stuff to improve, but I'm getting more comfortable and back to where I was last year. For me, I just need to mentally get back. For me, it's a mental rebirth, regrowth."

For more on Jessica Hardy and her return from suspension click here.

For news on her new world record in the 50m breast click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment